How Massage Therapy Will Complement Your Chiropractic Care
Massage therapy is a powerful treatment that can relieve tension, migraine headaches, insomnia, digestive issues, tendonitis, muscle aches, arthritis, and other painful short term and chronic issues. A chiropractor adjusts the spine, neck, and mist musculoskeletal systems. A massage therapist uses their hands and other techniques to knead muscles and soft tissue. When the spine is properly aligned, the body can heal more efficiently and effectively. Some experts say that a full body massage has the same effect on the body as eight hours of sleep.
Today, the medical profession is using massage as an important part of treating a variety of health conditions because it is a holistic treatment focusing on the entire body. Our team at Family Life Chiropractic is here to help you feel better using a combination of massage therapy and chiropractic adjustments so you can recover from injury, manage chronic pain, and feel great from head to toe.
Here are some ways that massage therapy complements your chiropractic care:
- Massage therapy before an adjustment relaxes and loosens the muscles for better results.
- Massage therapy improves the nervous system so an adjustment is received effectively.
- Massage therapy increases blood oxygen levels and improves circulation that promotes healing and reduces inflammation.
- Massage therapy increases the body's range of motion and flexibility.
- Massage therapy, particularly deep tissue massage helps flush toxins from the body.
- Massaging trigger points before or after an adjustment releases tension and further reduces pain.
Visit Our Chiropractor Today
If you want to learn more about how a combination of massage therapy and chiropractic care can help you live a better life, call Family Life Chiropractic in Clearwater today. Our team of professionals will tailor care to your individual needs so you can live without pain. For more information on massage therapy or to schedule an appointment, call us at (727) 447-4647.